Question

lexam!l tablets dscont!nuance - treated for epilepsy
Good even!ng
after a head !injury 2000 developed epilepsy and was put on lexaml - no longer want to be on this drug and have not had a seizure for over 2 years now .discontinued the tablet about 7 days ago and hav!ng withdrawal symptoms and not feeling great - read up on the internet that should not just go off them - but wean yourself off slowly - what are the risks or do you feel that having gone a few days now without that 1 will be OK . do not want to be on these tablets as ! have ga!ned a lot of we!ght , have lost interest n a lot of things that made me happy before , no sex drive and n h!nd s1ght would never have gone on these tablets had ! know all the side effects besides that 1 do not ever take other med!!caton by choice, the tablets my doc gave me was when they were trying out
ant! depressants for epileptic pat!ents -am quite happy to go onto an epileptic tablets should ! need to but no ant! depressants - please advise -

Janet

It is important that you consult your doctor or neurologist, in order for him/her to oversee the withdrawal of the product. It can be dangerous and you can experience severe side-effects when stopping the medication cold turkey. I suggest that you start taking the medication again and after consultation with your doctor, wean yourself off with his/her supervision.