Question

Licorice and IBS
Ive heard that Licorice root is very good for ibs.Just wanted to find out the diff between the normal licorice and the de-clycerised one? N also the normal licorice all sort sweets,would that be good as well?

Dear Johno
I must admit that I do not know what the difference is between standard licorice and deglycerised licorice, but suspect that you may need to use the most natural or unprocessed version (ask at your health shop if you can buy untreated licorice) You would have to phone the manufacturers for an answer. You will also have to experiment with licorice to see if it specifically helps you, because IBS is an individual condition - some patients may react positively and others negatively to this product.