Question

life after hysterectomy
Hi, i had a hysterectomy and pelvic repair 9 weeks ago. For the past 2 weeks I have been walking for 15 minutes every day, trying to go faster each 3 days. When can I start some weight bearing exercises and what should I start with.

Hi Eckles

Walking is a weight bearing exercise - I think you mean weight training. I think individual's vary in terms of recovery times - so I would recommend you speak to your gynae about time frames and weight training exercises. When he/she agrees you can begin - I suggest you go to the home page of this site and try either Shape up for Summer (home-based) or War on Wobbles (gym-based) exercise programmes I have designed. There are many weight-training exercises you can choose from.

Good luck.