Question

Life after smoking
I have been smoking for three years now. I am an asthmatic too. My question/s is How long will it be before my lungs start clearing?, Will they heal themselves?, What vitamins can I take to help the healing process?
FitnessDoc(wow)

Hi Tash

Please direct this question to Cyberdoc - it is his field.
However, on my part, please give up smoking ASAP - it kills and that's the bottom line.

Good luck.

Here are a few facts about smoking that might scare you:

DID YOU KNOW?

· Nicotine is an insecticide.
Certain plants including tomatoes, manufacture it in their leaves to discourage bugs.
· Around the world people smoke 15 billion cigarettes every day.
· Americans smoke over 1 billion cigarettes a day.
· Nine-tenths of all smokers start before they are 18.
· Non-smokers exposed to frequent tobacco smoke inhale the equivalent of five or six cigarettes a day.
· Of every eight people who die from a smoking-related illness, ONE IS A NON-SMOKER.
· Tobacco smoke contains 4000 harmful chemicals.
· Nicotine is a drug. It is more addictive than cocaine, heroine, morphine, pethedine or mandrax.
· Three life insurers owned by tobacco companies charge smokers nearly double for term insurance.
· Tobacco causes more deaths than those caused by all the wars of this century.
· Smoking has been described as “the most lethal instrument devised by man for peaceful use.”