Question

life coach
I am thinking about getting a life coach. Firstly, I realize that I need guidance of some sort, however, I am not sure if a life coach has the knowledge inside him/her to know how to " fix"  me. I think I am pretty messed up, and I don''t think a life coach has EVER dealt with a person in my situation?

Would they be able to help?

I'm not sure what your individual, special circumstances are, but personally I do NOT recognize the "life coach" as a valid professional category, nor as being someone fit to help people with any real problems. It's a fashionable fad, often with "coaches" essentially self-trained and qualified, or trained and qualified in commercial programmes that amount to much the same.
Life Coaches do NOT have proper training to enable them to recognize psychiatric or psychological problems or to treat them adequately. If your issues are how to schedule your gym sessions and pick a cute outfit for the purpose, maybe such coaches would be useful