Question

Liggaamsvet?
Ek is 1.8m lank, vroulik, weeg 68 kg en is nie te fyn gebou nie (dra 'n nommer 8 skoen, ens.). Het onlangs die Body IQ Quest by my gimnasium gedoen en met 'n skok vasgestel dat my liggaamsvet persentasie 27% is - dis nogals redelik hoog, of hoe?
Wat kan ek doen om my liggaamsvet te verminder aangesien ek redelik gesond eet (probeer te alle tye die Weighless-dieet plan volg) en ek oefen redelik hard - draf tussen 40 - 50 km 'n week. Hoe akkuraat is hierdie toetse want ek gebruik die minimum vette of gemorskos/suiker in my dieet? Ek het ook lae bloeddruk. Enige raad sal waardeer word.

HI Ena

Your body fat percentage is in the "acceptable" range, so there is nothing to be too concerned about. i know that the value of 27% may apper very high initially, but for women, anything in the mid to high 20's is actually on the good side of average. Your elite women runners are normally very low - in the low teens (12-15%) but there's a debate about how healthy this actually is for you. Once it gets above 30%, it's a little high, but yours if fine, as someone else on the forum has said.

So, keep running, it's good that you are doing this, it will help you keep that body fat down.

Finally, to address your concerns about the test, that machine was tested by the Sports Science Institute a few years ago, and was compared to something called DEXA, which is an X-ray which is very very accurate and also very expensive. The correlation between the two was 0.9, which in science is very high, so the machine is good and reliable provided it's used properly of course, and so you can have reasonable confidence in it.