Question

Lip problems
Dear Doc,

I have been suffering with extreme cracked lips for the last two-three years. I can not remember when last my lips looked healthy. I've tried from vaseline, Vit E, to Terracotril. Every morning I wake up with lips that is scaly and flakes. It is mostly my lower lip. I drink a multivitamin for women. Should I see a specialist?

Help, the best would be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out as I can list all the causes from contact dermatitis to scurvy, but I still won’t be able to tell you what your problem is. In the meantime to not use any perfumed products on or near your lips and to avoid using cheap and nasty lipsticks. Stick to brands like Lancôme, Estee Lauder, Yves Saint Laurent, etc. and you’ll have smaller chance of it being due to contact dermatitis. Good luck.