Question

Lipitor (Generic) &amp  Crestor Tablets for Cholestrol
I am a 57 year-old post menopausal woman and use Femigel three times per week. My GP initially prescribed the generic of Lipitor for my high cholestrol however it didn''t seem to agree with me causing constipation and insomnia and I generally didn''t feel well on it. He then changed my medication to Crestor which is much better and actually seems to make me sleep deeper and for longer, even better than before I went on the previous tablets! Is this a fact that Crestor can make you sleep better and the reason why the Pharmacist recommends they be taken before bedtime? Please also advise what tests I should have before renewing my 6-month prescription - muscle strength, liver, etc.? Thanks.

Michelle

Crestor can cause drowsiness. You will have to consult your doctor for a fasting lipid profile, as well as fasting glucose and blood insulin levels.