Question

Lipo or Ultrasound Body Shaping
I am considering a procedure to reduce fat on my tummy and for bra-bulges. I am confused of the different procedures available, such as non-invasive body sculpting that removes fat with ultrasound techniques, such as that provided by Skin and Body Renewal. The other choice is laserlipo, where fat is removed from the body by laser. I want to get it right the first time instead of going for one procedure and realising the other would have been a better choice.
Please provide some insight.
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

Hi Bb, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have been away attending my practice in London.

The choice of the technology is dependent on the amount of fat one would like to remove and the degree of skin tightening that is necessary.

As a general rule small areas or pockets should respond to the external device (ultra sound technology) but there is nothing stopping you researching it on the internet (specifically looking at patient review sites) and asking the treating doctor for studies performed with this machine. Please check out the following site: http://www.ultrashape.com/en/physicians-home-page/scientific-evidence/clinical-studies.html for more info.

Laser lipolysis is indicated for larger fat deposits on someone who is within 5 to 8 kg within ideal body weight and where the total amount to be removed is not more than 2 litres. A significant degree of skin tightening can be expected and typically works extremely well for the abdominal area and the bra bulges.

Following from the above it is difficult to give you accurate advice as one would need to examine the areas of concern before deciding on the what the best treatment options would be.