Question

Lipolytic injection
I have heard about this lipolytic injections that stabilizers the blood sugar in your body. What is this injection all about? Is it safe to take these injections?

Dear Kay
I am personally not convinced that any of the injections that are at present available in SA for slimming purposes will have any effect on weight loss. The injections are usually prescribed together with a very-low-energy diet and it is the diet that causes the weight loss, not the injections which cost a lot of money. Dear Reader
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you suffer with blood sugar problems then it may be a good idea to use a low-GI diet. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI.