Question

Lipoprotein values
Dear Doc
My details: Female, 35 y, 2 kids (19&12)
Cholesterol history / Taking Lipitor 10mg for last 3 years
Low blood pressure (90/60 & 110/60) / Took Effortil for last 3 years / Now on Akrinor
My physician and I did a general blood check up. All seems ok except overall cholesterol value of 5.1. Lpa (I was told) should be at 30 - mine is at 105.
Even if this Lpa value is hereridatery can I do something to "normalise" this value?
What medicines are on our SA market?

Marion, I’m not sure what the predictive value of an isolated increased Lpa is. I will contact a friend who is an expert in the field in the morning and ask him (it’s 00:23 now). If I don’t get back to you by the end of the weekend, please repost your question as a new question to remind me. Good luck.