Question

Liposuction - safe or not ? Liposuction - safe or not ?
Dear CyberDoc,
I am 44 and seriously consider to go for liposuction (knees and thighs). I would appreciate it if you could fill me in on the latest surgery where patients are injected with a drug Lipostabil ?
According to Dr. Patricia Rittes the fat is dissolved by an enzyme called phosphatidycholine.
Must mentioned that in the USA Lipostabil has not yet been FDA approved.
Thank you,
Karlien Els (Switzerland)

Karlien, Lipostabil® is an old drug and used to try and reverse atherosclerosis and other vascular fat related problems. It isn’t really indicated for weight loss and it is not more effective than a good diet.
Liposuction is an safe (but painful) alternative to dieting, but be warned that the fat will return if you don’t watch your diet. Good luck.