Question

Liver discomfort
Thank you for your time. Last week Wednesday we ate dinner at 6 and by 9 I was experiencing epigastric and pin point thoracic pain. By 11 the pain was unbearable and i went to casualty where i was diagnsed with Gastritis, a diagnosis I did not agree with. The next morning I saw my GP who diagnosed my with food poisoning. I was put onto Ciprobay and Scopex. I have now developed right upper quadrant pain and have had my LFT and abdominal ultrasound done all within normal limits. Early fatty change was noted in my liver but eVerything else is normal. No one seems to know what it is, I have done some reading and have come up with a diagnosis of Steathosis. Would you agree and what would you suggest my next step be? I have pain on palpation of the RUQ and pain in my thoracic spine. i have intermittent nausea especially in the morning. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Pedro

Steatosis might be an explanation for your symptoms. Ask your doctor for a referral to a general surgeon, in order to have a liver biopsy and CT scan of the liver done.

Feedback will be appreciated.