Question

Liver Scan
During an abdomen scan the doctor noticed a black circle on/in my liver. He was not sure what this was, as it caused no pain to me at all, but advised that I check with a general surgeon. Any idea what this on my liver could be?

Hi Mohammed
It could be a liver cyst which is normally benign. A Hepatic Cyst is a thin-walled "bubble" or cavity in the liver that may be empty or contain fluid. However, other diseases like echinococcus infection can sometimes look like liver cysts. These conditions need to be ruled out and that is probably why you were referred to the specialist.