Question

Livifem
Hi, will Livifem cause hair loss, huge weight gain, bloated stomach. I am totally confused, I was on Angelique for a year which worked fine, but now a dr. suggested that I change to Livifem, but there is so much negative talk on this. Shall I rather stay on Angelique please?
Thanks!
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Hi Daleen

Livifem may cause weight changes, abdominal discomfort and hair thinning in SOME, but so may Angelique.

Since Tibolone (the active ingredient of Livifem) has a similar or greater efficacy compared to older hormone replacement drugs, whilst sharing a similar side effect profile. It does have the benefit of reducing bleeding compared to traditional HRT's. It is also a much better option for women with endometriosis who'll be able to tolerate this drug.

Whether switching is the ideal for you is something that you and your doctor will have to decide on together.