Question

Lobectomy<br>Lobectomy
I was jogging 3 / 5 times a week but unfortunatly had a Pulmonary Lobectomy (left lung ) on 29 Sept 05. I try to "jog" since last week but find it difficult as my chest still feels "num"
When can I realy stts running again ?

Rehabilitation after injury

Dear We

The safest course for you to take is to see a biokineticist that can assess your current lung function and fitness levels and help you get back to running without doing harm to yourself. You need to start on a walking program first and build your lung-capacity doing that before you start jogging.

I cannot say how long this will take as I do not know your medical history and there will be multiple factors affecting recovery time. Do not underestimate the seriousness of the procedure you've had and the need you have for professional help in getting fit again.

Well done for wanting to get back into exercise again! It is a brave thing to do. But, please, seek professional guidance, so that you are safe.