Ask an expert

13 Mar 2003

Local anesthetic available to public ?
Would there be a sort of local anesthetic on the market that one could apply (perhaps even spray) on a small area of the body that may need minor but painful treatment, like removing a large splinter (a palm-tree spike, say) or to trim a very painful ingrown toenail, etc. ?
I recall that in the Army, a Doctor once sprayed an extremely cold substance (could even have been ether but I'm not sure) onto my foot to remove a deep-seated splinter
Answer 458 views

01 Jan 0001

Zorro, you can ask your pharmacist for Emla® patches of ointment. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9249 votes
66% - 17778 votes