Question

Local anesthetic available to public ?
Would there be a sort of local anesthetic on the market that one could apply (perhaps even spray) on a small area of the body that may need minor but painful treatment, like removing a large splinter (a palm-tree spike, say) or to trim a very painful ingrown toenail, etc. ?
I recall that in the Army, a Doctor once sprayed an extremely cold substance (could even have been ether but I'm not sure) onto my foot to remove a deep-seated splinter

Zorro, you can ask your pharmacist for Emla® patches of ointment. Good luck.