Question

Loose weight

I just start weighlesss now and want to know what excersice to do to loose weight. I am 46 and weight 117 kg and is 1.88 meters

Any suggestions please, I am very unfit and plan to go to gym, old rugby knee so a cannot go and jog.

Hi Golfer

Weighless is great, and I am sure it will help you achieve your goals. Adding exercise is a great idea too and I'm glad you are committed.

With regards to exercise, the key type of exercise is what we call cardio training. This includes walking and jogging (which you unfortunately can't do, possibly), cycling, swimming and aerobics. Golf may be included in here, but it is generally a very low intensity workout and so needs to be supplemented with something else.

I would suggest walking, simply because it is the least expensive, most accessible and easiest to get into. If you do go with this one, then you can get a programme on the Fitness page of this site, if you click on "Programmes", you will see a number of programmes you can choose from. I think that these will be suited to your situation, so hopefully walking will be possible. If not, there are cycling and swimming alternatives on the site, if you can do either of these two activities.