Question

loosing weight
I am trying too loose weight for the last few months, I jog, walk and do exercises in the mornings before going to work and at work I use stairs. My worry is that, I haven't noticed any difference with my weight except that I am pretty toned except for my tummy which is still a problem. I have reduced my amount of eating, my meals include cereal and milk in the morning sometimes eggs and brown bread, lunch is half serving of a full meal as well as supper these contain starch and vegetables. In between meals I drink quite a lot of water and atleast one fruit. I drink about 4 litres of water a day. I am also on the pill.

Do you think am on th eright track or maybe I am being inpatient.

Dear Tebza
I can't really judge because I don't know how much you weigh and if your weight is in the normal range or not. Use the 'Tools' on this site and work out your BMI to get a rough idea if you really overweight or not. From what you say, you seem to be doing the right things - the exercise is excellent and you are already seeing an improvement. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' and you will obtain a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet - compare this diet with the various diets you have tried so far and make the necessary adjustments. Diets often fail because people eat too little! This makes the body shut down its weight loss mechanisms because of the 'starvaton' it is facing. Try eating more of the permitted low-fat, high-fibre foods listed in the diet and see if this won't make a difference. Keep up the good work with the exercise.