Question

loosing weight while walking
hi,
my mum has a bad back and the doctor suggested walking, so she is but she finds after a while her back starts to hurt and so do her ankles and knees.Is this normal for a new begginer to exercising or is there something wrong with her alos does not wearing proper shoes cause damage? thanx

Hi there

Yes, it is probably related to her just starting out. Furthermore, if she is carrying excessive weight, this could aggravate the problem.

Finally, a good pair of supportive shoes is essential. Perhaps suggest she visites Sportsman's Warehouse and gets some advice about suitable walking shoes for her.

I hope this helps.