Question

Lorazepam
Hi, my wife is 2 months pregnant. She uses 3 1mg Lorazapams p/d..How does this influence the fetus and should she cut down?
fertility expert

Dear yushery
It is best to avoid using Lorazapam as a safety in pregnancy has not been fully evaluated. The possibility of neurological problems in the foetus and new born baby is of importance. Without knowing the extent of the endometriosis i.e the stage and also knowing the exact stage of the sperms it is difficult for me to give you an accurate opinion.however based on your history i would strongly recommend that you consider invitro fertilisation as your next alternative.
Answered by: Dr M.I.Cassim