Question

Loss of energy
About 6 months ago I was in a MVA,my leg was broken in two places and various other small injuries.I stopped drinking beer immediately while recuperating but have found that I stay tired and wiyhout energy.I consumed about 12 bottles of beer a week before the acciodent.Did the sudden stop in beer drinking cause the loss of energy or was it the effects of the accident.

Dear BB King
Wishing you a Happy New Year. Beer is very rich in carbohydrates which are used as a source of energy, so it is perfectly possible that you are slightly energy depleted without the beer. It may help to increase your intake of unprocessed carbohydrates with a low glycaemic index (GI) to boost your energy intake without causing weight gain. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI.
This feeling of tiredness could also be due to depression, which may be a normal reaction to the shock and trauma of the accident and the subsequent medical treatments. If you think you could be depressed, discuss this with your gp or consult a clinical psychologist. You may need some counselling to get over that accident completely.