Question

Lost....
I broke up with my boyfriend last night, 8 months together as my heart did not believe we were soulmates. When I asked him how he feels he said i cannot ask him that - how can i not - if 2 people are meant for each other then nothing will stop them to be together. He could not promise that to me. Was i wrong in asking that? Did i make the worst mistake in my life? I feel like dying and i miss him so much. I hate myself for breaking his heart.

Joe
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Joe and welcome to our forum. Sorry to hear that things are going badly for you.

Unfortunately you supply very little information and I'm not sure I'm understanding your situation correctly. What happened that made you break up with your boyfriend last night - was this impulsive or had you been considering ending it? What are the problems in your relationship, from your perspective? When did you ask him how he feels - before or after you broke up? What could he not promise to you - what were you wanting from him?

However, in spite of the above, it seems that both you and your boyfriend are feeling heart-broken today. If you firmly believe you made a mistake - and NOT because you broke his heart but because the relationship was actually functional and meaningful for both of you - you could try to sort this out with him. People make mistakes, but it could be a complex situation to resolve.