Question

lost, angry, bitter, sad, lonely
Hi all,
My husband and I split up after 8 years together. We have a 7 year old son.
He was carrying on with a lady at work, did not admit to it but his lies kept coming out.
I feel so much anger, I also feel sad that I have kicked him out and my son no longer has his father around.
Is it normal to feel like I need to get revenge? I dream of ways of hurting him like he has hurt me.
Yesterday, when he came over for the rest of his belongings I said harsh words, told him that he will not see his son anymore and to leave us alone. I dont mean it, as he is a wonderful father, so why do I keep on saying such hurtfull things.
I feel like my whole world is falling down around me.

Your emotional reactions are very normal, of course, but uncomfortable, and probably not very helpful for you. DO see a personal counsellor to help yopu find better ways to cope, and make it clear to him that so long as he is an excellent father, of course he will have access to your son, as this would be best for the boy