Question

Love job - hate colleagues
I love my job, if I had to choose all over again I will choose this job again. I find it fulfilling and challenging. But working with my colleagues are a challenge. We are only 5 people in the office including my manager. 3 People were retrenched and once resigned earlier in the year. There is a lot of backstabbing and this week my manager said to me she is so glad that we are now working home based, because she could not stand it that everyone came to " skinder"  about everyone else in her office every day. That is where she makes the mistake. She does not hold back when she talks about other people. She has told me on many occasions how this person is not detail orientated or that person is lazy, she just sits and reads the Huisgenoot. She joins in the gossip. And then she went on the say only one person in the office never talked about the other people! And that person I know for a fact did, because she complained about how lazy the one is who is reading the magazines etc. So if she said it to me she must have said it to the manager. Now I feel bad, because I spoke to her about my colleauge, who was not performing up to scratch, but on a professional level. I had to report her several times because she was just not doing what she was being asked to do and was stepping on my toes. While this gossiping is going on everyone is very competitive, if handed a project they take it for themselves and do not share the work, even if they are told that you are their back up. I had to share my project with my colleague and I am suffering every day because of that. I don''t know what I did wrong, but none of my colleagues speak to me or involve me in the project. I decided to let go and if they can''t cope I will just have to rescue the project. I think part of it is that they are scared that I will upstage them, because my work is meticulous and always delivered on time. I often get compliments about my reports and fast feedback. My manager is letting them get away with murder and after her comments on people complaining about other people I don''t think I can speak to her about the current atmosphere in the office. I don''t see them often, as we are home based now, but I hate bumping into them at the office. I select days when nobody else goes to the office to do my office work. Do I stay with such a company, or do I leave and look for greener pastures. Leaving is not that easy, because I don''t have a great deal of experience. Believe me, I''ve gone for a bunch of interviews in the past.

She sounds like so many people, who only consider it "skinnering" when someone else is doing it !
Frankly, it sounds like a reall bad manager, who is not only incapable of getting the best out of people, but actively fostering back-stabbing and counter-productive activities.
Nobody can tell you whether or not to stay with this delightful company - maybe start looking acively for greener pastures. If you find some, surely you'd want to go there. At present with unemployment as it is, employers can be more picky than they need to be. While you stay with the company, accumulate experience and prepare for a move when the chance comes.