Question

Low Blood Pressure
I am 29 years old and had a baby girl on the 26th August 2008
She was born at 35 weeks. In the weeks after her birth I did bleed rather heavy in comparison to when my son was born 5 years ago, but my doctor said it was normal.
Since then I feel my health has been ok. Plus I’ m breast feeding and all going well.

I got flu on new years day and still have it. Last week 15 January they took my blood pressure and it was 105/64 pulse 91, major cluster headaches. I was given liqurice root to help with my blood pressure. On Saturday 24th January I started feeling nauseous and major stomach cramps and loss of appetite. I went to my doctor again today 26th January and my blood pressure is 96/60 pulse 80. His treating me for the flu first and said in a weeks time I must get the blood pressure medication. I do drink a lot of fluids almost 1 liter of water, not a big fan of water but I’ ve stated drinking it.

Do you think the low blood pressure could be caused from my birth?
Next week my minstrel cycle should be starting, how will the blood pressure be affected?
Could it all be related? Birth / flu?
What causes low blood pressure?
Is it dangerous?

Low blood pressure is not a gynae problem and is not related to menstrual cycles or giving birth. It is not dangerous.