Question

Low bloodpressure
As I stated - I usualy suffer from low bloodpressure - not on medication as it is not such a problem - so As said I do not have bp. problems normaly and the bp is normal now
What I needed to know is at what stage is the bloodpressure to high - (I have done most of the multidisiplanaty exams already - ITS HORMONAL - but hormones is difficult to treat as I do not fare well at all on the pill) - Im now of to the neurologist but will only see next month so there will be another cycle and another headach before then. Im interested in the serotonin explanation of the previous person - and will read up on it. My question was when is high bp dangerous for me at age 40. No need to explain the multidisiplinary approch again.
Headache expert
Headache expert

Dear Bloody Mary,

If your blood pressure is 140/90 or above then you must have it seen to. If you had given me your age in the first e-mail I would have been able to give you this information.

With regard to the migraine which you insist in UPPER CASE to be hormonal, let me explain. Most patients with hormonal migraine have a regular cycle, which means that the hormone levels are normal. Headaches related to changes in hormone levels usually indicate that the body is responding in an abnormal way to the normal hormone fluctuations that occur during the menstrual cycle. For this reason it is not advisable to fiddle with the hormones. The correct way to deal with the problem is to diagnose why your body is reacting abnormally to your normal hormone fluctuations. If you don’t, then you will simply never get to the real problem. With regard to the pill, that is in any case not the answer, as sometimes it makes the headaches worse and sometimes it makes them better, and also does not address the underlying problem.