Question

low dosage roaccutane ok?
Hi, I am only on 20mg a day and my friend who weighs the same is on 50mg/day. I am doing what my derm said but wonder why my dosage is so low...though I have seen some improvement, after just two weeks. I am tolerating it well. But do I need to ask for a higher dosage or not? How come some ppl are put on such a low dosage?
Pharmacist
pharmacist

The recommended dosage range for Roaccutane is 0.5 to 1.0 mg/kg/day given in one/two divided doses with food for 15 to 20 weeks. This may be adjusted after 2-4 weeks depending on results. During treatment, the dose may furthermorebe adjusted according to response of the disease and/or the appearance of clinical side effects — some of which may be dose related. Adult patients whose disease is very severe with scarring or is primarily manifested on the trunk may require dose adjustments up to 2.0 mg/kg/day, as tolerated. Note that failure to take Accutane with food will significantly decrease absorption.

The dosage regime is generally based on prior results your doctor experienced at these doses.