Question

Low self-esteem

I have a low self-esteem problem that is realy taking over my life.
I find it very difficult to make friends or to go into public places, I keep worrying about what people are thinking of me. I hate looking into a mirror or a picture of myself.
Everyone just runs over me, only stopping when they need something. I'm getting very lonely and miserable.

What can I do to improve my situation?

Dear inscure,
A shrink can help this sort of problem a great deal, through counselling / psychotherapy. They can help you understand better how you came to hold such a low opinion of yourself, and how you can revise your negative thinking to recognize your own special value and worth. This can include some training in assertiveness --- how to stand up for yourself and feel strong and capable when interacting with other people, being effective withoyut being aggressive.
Left alone, this sort of problem tends to grow and keep you from enjoying so much in life which should be your options. And treatment is effective. And you deserve the pleasure of becoming free from these unnecessary burdens.