Ask an expert

11 Aug 2007

Lower abdominal and back pain right side
Hey I'm 20 years old and sexually active and for the past two/three weeks now I have been experiencing some lower abdominal pains/pressure on the right side of my body. It started out with pains on both the left and the right but now it is solely on my right side it can sometimes feel as if it is inflamed but that only occurs every now and then. It isn't excruciating or unbearable pain but I feel as if it is getting worse because now the pain/pressure has spread on to my back, still only on the right side, it's more pressure than pain though but at times it can get painful and annoying. So I decided to feel around put pressure on my organs but it doesnt hurt when I do only when I add pressure on to my pelvic bone it hurts .I went to my doctor got checked he said that nothing big is wrong with me just had a minor infection of vaginitis. He gave me two different pills to take and said the pressure will alleviate soon, I'm still on the med but I don't feel any better, i feel like the problem is getting worse. I feel like my docs diagnosis is incorrect and it's way more serious than vagninitis. In addition to the abdominal and back pains my breast are really sore particularly my nipples and they can become itchy at times. I thought It could be because my period is about a week away but usually my nipples don't get sore when It's time for my period just around it. Anyways I don't want to stray I really just wanna know what is up with the abdominal and back pains because i'm really afraid it could be life threatening or really really serious. If you have an idea what it may be or most likely have relations to a certain medical problem or have experienced this before please PLEAAAAASSEE IM BEGGING PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE!
Answer 485 views

01 Jan 0001

The possibilities are a cyst, a kidney infection, spastic colon or other bowel problem or a pelvic infection. It is not possible to make a diagnosis without a full examination. As the pain is not better, I would suggest that you go back to your doctor for further assessment.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.