Question

Lower Abdominal Pain in Pregnancy
Hi there :-)

I am currently 22 1/2 weeks pregnant, and for the last few days i've had this annoying lower abdominal pain, it comes and goes throughout the day, and is definately more prevalent at night, it feels different to the ligament stretching when i roll over, stand up too quickly etc. It feels as if it could be coming from my intestines (not sure if that makes any sense!) I can feel the baby moving as much as he normally moves, i'm not bleeding, don't have any abnormal discharge, i'm not nauseas, i don't have a temperature, i'm not constipated, i don't have diahorreah in fact i feel perfectly healthy in every other way. Do you think i have a reason to be concerned? My Gynae is away and i don't really know who else to ask!

Clair

It is hard to say what this is. If it feels differnt from the normal stretching pains, you should check with your gynaecologist. He/she must have a locum if they are away.