Question

lowering my alchole intake.
Hi at one stage I was drinking cider like 6 to 7 a night and I put on large amounts of weight I have no cut cider out completely and only have a few red wines a week. when can I see the difference from first lowering my drinking amount and changing what a drink. I know the alchole was the reason for my weight gain and I lead normal a very balanced diet and that remained the same.

Dear Racheal
I don't know how long you have been cutting out cider and reducing how much alcohol you drink per week. I would imagine that if you were having 7 x 300 ml x 176/100 kJ x 7 = 25,872 kJ per week, versus say 3 x 150 ml x 300/100 kJ = 1,350 kJ per week from 3 glasses of 150 ml of red wine per week, that you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg a week. Make sure that you are also physically active to stimulate your metabolism and weightloss.