Question

Lucrin
Dear Doc. I have just had a failed IVF attempt. I produced 3 follicles after taking clomid and purgenol. Now my doc wants me to down regulate by having one shot of lucrin on the 17th Dec and starting on a double dose of purganol on the 2nd January. What will the Lucrin do to me and what are the side effects. How common are the side effects. I had a lap and I had no endo - but after they did the ovum pick up, the doc found endo. Could this have been caused by the clomid or the purgenol? Are there any medical aids in South Africa that pay for fertility treatment?

Lynn, I will contact one of the best fertility specialists in SA and make sure about your questions. If I don’t get back to you by Wednesday, please repost your question as a reminder.
As far as I know, no medical aid in SA will pay for fertility treatment. Good luck.