Ask an expert

04 Apr 2007

Lump in the around the vagina
Hi. This morning i've discovered a small lump around my vaginal area, and its sore, at some point I can't even sit properly because its sore....I'm worried and concerned what could be the cause of this and what should I do.

It can't be any STD because I always use a condom...haven't had sex without a condom in years....please help.
Should I go see a gynae or a GP?
Answer 328 views

01 Jan 0001

It might be cyst of Bartholin's gland. See a GP in the first instance.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17897 votes