Ask an expert

25 Feb 2003

lump on the thigh
ive been having this since last year sept., it started as pain on my right thigh(high up, on my curve) now the pain has gone and only a bulge is vissible(when sitting). i consulted during december & the dr. told me its inflammation of muscle sheat & gave some painkillers & antinflammatory pill. the bulging is stll there & seems to becoming more vissible, im worried it could be a tumour. what would your differential diagnosis be?
Answer 466 views

01 Jan 0001

Kea, it’s difficult to say without examining you first, but a tumour would be one of the possible diagnoses. I doubt that it is malignant, but it might be something like a lipoma. The best would be to have it seen to by a surgeon if you get no joy from your GP. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.