Question

Lupus Nefritis
Good day, Can you pls advice, was diagnosed with S.L.E Nefritis.
I need to know what diet will help for my condition. I currently have no Protiene in my body and serve high blood pressure . can you pls help.

regards

Dear Cathy
I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with S.L.E. Nephritis, which is an autoimmune disease. I trust that you are receiving medical treatment for this condition and the high blood pressure. Because of the complexity of this condition, the kidney involvement and hypertension, and the various medications you may have to take, it is essential that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to provide you with an individual diet prescription which takes all these factors into account. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet. The dietitian will also have to monitor your response to the diet prescription and adjust it if necessary.
So please consult a dietitian ASAP.
Wishing you all the best