Question

lymphatic oedema
My mother suffers from this condition and is in a lot of pain. Her ankles are swollen and uncomfortable. I would like to know what she could do to relieve this situation and if there is any medication that would be of benefit to this condition.

KimLyn, it all depends on the cause. If there is a lymphatic obstruction, it might be possible to remove it surgically. Elevation of her feet should also help, but that isn’t always possible. The best would be to take her to her doctor and have him determine the cause and prescribe the appropriate treatment. Good luck.