Question

Lythean Phase

How do you test how long your lytheam phase (spelling????) is. I am almost 100% sure that I do ovulate on day 14 (I start experiancing cramping on day 13. day 14, this is gone) But, I have a 30 day cycle (start spotting on day 28 and start bleeding on day 30)

Thank you for your input
fertility expert

Dear SF

In order to confirm the presence of a prolong luteal phase one will have to clearly document the day of ovulation by means of a more accurate diagnostic method. Ideally ultrasound scanning is the method of choice but urine LH testing kits may be used for self-testing and are also quiet accurate. However the fact that you start spotting on Day 28 may be within the normal and is an indication of the onset of your menses which is consistent with a Day 14 ovulation.

Answered by: Dr M. I. Cassim