Question

magnesium deficiency account for stomach cramps and fatigue?
Good day. I know I have low iron (my last iron reading was 12.2) but I know that doesn’ t account for my extreme fatigue- I am asleep by 08:30 and I can sleep easily until the same time the following morning. I was reading on magnesium deficiency, and I do seem to have some of the symptoms- my fatigue, my feet tingle sometimes (I know a symptom is tingling, but they don’ t state WHERE) and I get stomach cramps often. I have joined a gym, and I believe that exercise may be deplete magnesium (I do quite an intensive 40 minute workouts at least 4 times a week). The things I am the most concerned about is the stomach cramps and fatigue- my cramps feel like those you get when you are starving and they are sometimes quite sharp. I haven’ t noticed a change when I eat or drink certain things but I do notice that I get them soon after exercise (even if I’ ve had a small yoghurt or something half an hour before my workout). Could it be magnesium, or perhaps something more sinister? What is the best natural source of magnesium? Thank you for your time.

Megan

Magnesium deficiency will cause hyperexcitability, muscle weakness and fatigue and severe deficiency will cause tremors, muscle weakness, tetany, loss of apetite, nausea and personality changes. I therefore, recommend that you rather consult a doctor for a full examination, as well as blood tests to determine the exact cause for your symptoms.