Question

21 Oct 2009

maintenance
I had a son out of wedlock who is now 7. His father has been paying me R500 maintenance since 2005 and his medical. Now after 2yrs I have finally got hold of him and we must be in court in November as I am claiming R1500.00 and medical for my son. He has only a daughter left at school (Std 9) for which he pays maintenance. He says he cant afford to pay me that amount but when I saw him on Monday before I gave him the summons he told me that he had just bought a new bakkie, he rides a new Jetta and he bought R25 900.00 new furniture the other day. He owns his own house and futhermore he has no other debt as an ITC check was done by the maintenance court on him.

How do I go about making sure that I get the amount that I sued him for without the court bringing the amount down. My son starts school next year and Gauteng is very expensive. Last year alone I paid R22 300.00 for his pre-primary school (this inluded everything from tuckshop money, outings, stationery, concerts etc) this excluded clothes, food etc.

Please I need advice ASAP.

Divorce support expert
Divorce support expert

Dear Vanessa,

for the legal issue you may contact me for a referral: info@sadsa.net