Question

Malaria and baby
I am pregnant and are planning to take the baby with me to Zambia once he is born. When will it be the safest time for me to take the baby to Zambia ( I am worried about him getting malaria). I had malaria in January last year. Will the baby have some sort of immunity against malaria then?

Mom2B, the best would be to wait until he is at least 2 years old, as he has no real immunity against malaria when he is born. I know this is not the answer you’ve been hoping for, but unfortunately it’s the truth. Good luck.