Question

MALE FRIEND
Would like to know if it is wrong for me to have coffee with a male friend that is old enough to be my farther becauese i enjoy his company and feel like i could talk to him about everything. I am a happy married woman and have no intentions of having an affair as i am still deeply in love with my husband. I met this friend through my sport that i am doing and now him for 3 years now. Is this the way how affairs normally started ( friendship). Sometimes this friend would give me innocent compliments which one hardly receive at home which make me feel good about myself. Their is no romantic attraction from my side and i feel that this friendship is innocent.

My rule of thumb goes something like this...
If you would be just as comfortable with your husband there with the two of you, and would be happy for him to join this friendship, then I would suggest all is well and good. If on the other hand you feel you need to keep this secret and seperate, perhaps this is more than just friendship...?

Claire - SASHA