Question

Male or Female?
I have an old female labrador (spayed) and a male German Shepperd. I have been offered a Boerbul puppy.
Should I take a male or a female? Which sex will my dogs accept better please?
Dog Behaviour Expert
Dog Behaviour Expert

Hi Amy, this is a difficult one as you may not like my reply! Firstly, if you are considering a BBoel, only get this from a really professional breeder. these are awesome dogs, but due to really bad commercial breeding there are a lot of Boerboels out there that are not up to par at all and there are very few other dogs that they get on with well - better as an only dog.
Secondly, you have a pack that is working perfectly, why change it? Your old lady may not take kindly at all to a pup that will jump on her and annoy her, perhaps consider letting her enjoy her senior years in peace and quiet with a companion she already gets on well with, then if you do decide to get another pup when she goes to the Rainbow Bridge, rather go for a breed that is better with other dogs. Thanks Scotty