Question

Maltese licking his paw pads
My Maltese licks and bites his paw pads all day. His breath also smells really bad because of this. Please help?

Dogs licking and chewing their paws is a common condition with a wide variety of causes. If left untreated, it can lead to painful and often serious consequences.
You have to ask yourself:
1.Does my dog have itchy paws?
OR
2.Does my dog lick his paws out of boredom, anxiety, or instinct?

Paw licking can be caused by environmental factors like allergies, mites, fleas, fungus, food allergies etc. Or it can be a psychological tendency of certain breeds to lick their paws to the point of self-injury.

If your dog licks only one paw with no visible injury, or just the front paws, it's probably psychological. If she licks all four paws, it's probably allergies, physiological issues or environmental factors.
We suggest that you take the dog to the vet for a proper examination. He will be able to give you the best advice!