Question

Manipulating

I just want your opinion on something; I recently bought myself a car but my husband keeps the keys with him saying that because he is the head of the household I should ask his permission when I want to use it. The car is on his name although I'm paying the installments over to him. If I want to put the car on my name it's going to cost me at least R500 extra a month which I can't afford. Not that I think it will change the situation.

Is this normal for a husband to "operate" like this?

Your husband needs to have his head examined. If you bouth the car it belongs to YOu and not to him, and you should be the only person with the kys, and drive it whenever you please, without any need for his permission. In which century in which country does he think he is living ? ut youre extremely foolish to buy and pay for a car while putting it in his name. I don't understand why that should cost you more.
if he wants anyone to consider him a posible head of the household, he'll have to start by learning how to behave like one --- and this isn't it !
Joanne E is right --- next time you drive it, take the papers showing that you are paying for it, and get at least 2 pairs of spare keys cut. And as Liza says, if he wants to pretend this is the 1950's, then he should take over paying for the car and its insurance, and just give it to you as a gift. head of the house ? behaving more lijke the other end of the anatomy !