Question

Marks on Face

i've had terrible acne during puberty, however, it has all cleared.

However, I have some marks on my face, as well as some small holes, due to scratching those pimples.

I doubt there's anything I could do for the holes, or is there?

But, what do you recommend I use for the marks that I have ?
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

Hi Guy, thank you for the question.

The marks that you can see on the skin is most probably post-inflammatory pigmentation, and you have various options to treat them.
Topical: glycolic acid peels, a moisturizer that contains alpha-hydroxy acids, and a de-pigmentation cream that contains kojic acid, Bearberry, Mulberry root extracts, and glycolic acid.
Laser, IPL, IPL with Bi-Polar Radiofrequency: various skin rejuvenation machines on the market today can produce excellent clearance of pigmentory marks. These may be used alone or in conjunction with the topical regime described above.

Laser: these machines have a good track record in removing the scarring or ‘holes’ following acne, chicken pox, etc.
Two examples are the Fraxel and the Syneron Matrix IR Fractional Laser.