Question

Matters of trust
I have been told, by a male friend of mine, that when it comes to trust issues, men and women trust differently. Women trust in categories, where men only trust completely. For example, a man forgets to pay a bill, he is not trusted to pay bills anymore or if he cheats at a game of cards, he is not trusted to play cards. But, if a woman breaks any kind of trust, all trust is completely broken, nothing is trusted. Is there any legitamacy to this statement? Do men trust differently then women?

It's a very interesting theory, which would be intriguing to research, but I haven't seen any proper studies of this, so far. I think it's the scientist, rather than the man in me, that mistrusts such generalizations --- although i recognize that some such gnder differences, at least as tendencies, do exist