Question

Measels - Symptoms Urgent Please
Hi doc,

Can you please tell me what symptoms or how does measels look ?

Thnx

*Angel*, Typical measles begins, after a 7- to 14-day incubation period, with prodromal fever, runny nose, hacking cough, and conjunctivitis. The characteristic Koplik's spots appear 2 to 4 days later, usually on the inside of the cheek opposite the lst and 2nd upper molars. These spots resemble tiny grains of white sand surrounded by inflammatory circles. If they are numerous, the entire background may be a mottled erythema. Pharyngitis and inflammation of the laryngeal and tracheobronchial mucosa develop.
The characteristic rash appears 3 to 5 days after onset of symptoms, usually 1 to 2 days after Koplik's spots appear. It begins in front of and below the ears and on the side of the neck as irregular red blotches and spread rapidly (within 24 to 48 h) to the trunk and extremities, as they begin to fade on the face. Pin sized bleeding in the skin may occur with particularly severe rashes.
At the peak of the illness, the temperature may exceed 40° C, with swelling around the eyes, conjunctivitis, light sensitivity, a hacking cough, extensive rash, and mild itching; generally, the patient appears quite ill. In 3 to 5 days, the fever falls, the patient feels more comfortable, and the rash begins to fade rapidly, leaving a coppery-brown discoloration followed by peeling of the skin. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.