Question

mederma cream
I have been using Mederma cream for red "ice pick" acne scars around my mouth and on my foreheaf for about two weeks now. (3-4 times a day as it says on the leaflet) It is as if the cream is making a shiny layer on my forehead and seems as if my skin is peeling. Is this normal or do you think i must discontinue using the cream?
Thank you for your time
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

Hello Jenny, thank you for the question.
The noted side effects of Mederma cream are severe itching, swelling or scar discoloration. My advice is to stop using the Mederma as it seems to be producing a side effect with you. If the skin peeling persists, please consult a dermatologist, for a diagnosis and treatment.