Question

Medical Aid Membership
Please help me with a contact number for the Ombudsman for a medical aid problem. My parents were members of a medical aid - but because of better options, they joined Discovery as dependents of us. (my mother has motor neuron disease) - but after a year they demand that we remove them - now they do not want to take them on their own - or let me put it this way - they can join at R4000.00 a month - is it fair? They were members of a medical aid their whole working career!

Scooter, it doesn’t sound fair to me, but I don’t know what the law says about it. I have no idea about the legal aspect of medical aids. The best people to contact would be the Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF). They should be able to help you.
PS I don’t have a Johannesburg telephone book, but if you phone Telkom enquiries they should be able to help. Good luck.